The AM04 and AM05 both have the classic Dyson look–bladeless with a roundish amplifier. Their blades and heating elements are hidden in their bases which makes them safer and easier to clean and maintain than the average fans with fast-spinning blades and protective grills you see in the market.
The AM05 is an upgrade of the AM04 and in this article, we will discuss their differences, similarities, and specifications to help you decide which fan to get.
Differences between the Dyson AM04 and the AM05
- The AM05 has more color choices than the AM04. It comes in three colors Blue/Black, Silver/White, and Nickel/Black while the AM04 only has two colors options: Blue/Black and Silver/White.
- Since the AM05 is an upgrade of the AM04, the AM05 has a faster motor than the AM04.
Similarities between the Dyson AM04 and the AM09
- The AM04 and AM05 are both powered by Dyson’s Air Multiplier technology.
- The AM04 and AM05 both have heating and cooling benefits.
- The AM04 and AM05 have Child Safe features.
- The AM04 and AM05 has a 2-year warranty when purchased from an authorized reseller.
- The AM04 and AM05 do not have any visible heating elements and fast-spinning blades.
- The AM04 and AM05 have the same oblong-shaped amplifier.
- The AM04 and AM05 have remote controls that can be attached magnetically on top of the units.
The table below provides the specifications for the AM05 and the AM06:
|Desk and bladeless
|Desk and bladeless
|Dyson Air Multiplier technology
|Jet Focus Control mode
|WiFi connectivity, Dyson Link App, and Alexa compatibility
|Check on Amazon
|Check on Amazon
Comparing the Dyson AM04 vs AM05 in Detail
Comparing Dyson AM04 and AM05 side by side, you’ll notice that they look a lot like each other. Their design is the same, bladeless and oblong-shaped amplifier. Their base is also the same with control buttons in it placed on the same spot as the other. Their dimensions are also not far from each other. The AM04 and AM05 both stand at 22.8 inches but the AM04 is slightly heavier at 5.34 lbs compared to AM05’s 5.2 lbs.
The main difference between the two is the motor. The AM05 has a more powerful motor than its predecessor, the AM04. The AM05 delivers faster and stronger airflow compared to the AM04 but other than that, the two devices are pretty much the same.
Appearance wise, these two are very similar except for the color selection. The AM04 only has two color options: Blue/Black and Silver/White. Meanwhile the AM05 comes in three different colors: Blue/Black, Silver/White, and Nickel/Black.
The AM04 and AM05 are powered by Dyson’s patented Air Multiplier technology so despite not having fast-spinning blades, they still have a long-range projection for a smooth circulation of air across the room. In addition to the Air Multiplier technology, these two machines are capable of cooling and heating. And since they do not have exposed blades, the fans are very quiet.
When it comes to safety, there’s no doubt that the AM04 and AM05 are among the safest fans in the market. Their blades and heating elements are hidden and they also have a Child Safe feature which automatically turns off the device when it’s knocked over securing the unit in case of an accident and preventing electrical damage.
As a heater, the AM04 and AM05 are great and they don’t have a burning smell which is a common problem for traditional heaters. The cooling features of these devices are impressive as well as they both have a 10 airspeed setting but keep in mind that they are fans and not air conditioners so they can’t change the air temperature but they are much more effective coolers than traditional fans since they use the Air Multiplier technology.
The AM04 and AM05 have remote control for easier access to the device. You can control the oscillation, temperature, and airspeed through the remote control. The design of the remote control is impressive because it is curved and magnetized so you can magnetically store it on top of your unit when you are not using it.
These AM Series models are not meant for large spaces, unlike other Dyson fans, but they are enough to cool and warm a small room. With the power and the impressive design and technology that these two machines have, they are quite expensive. These machines costs more than a regular fan and heater so it’s good that they get a 2-year warranty from the company and other authorized resellers like Amazon.
Frequently Asked Questions
Q. Do they have a cooling element?
A. Both the AM04 and AM05 are fans that blow colder air on a hot day.
Q. Do they have an Auto mode?
A. The AM04 and AM05 do not have an Auto mode option. You have to manually set up the fan yourself.
Q. Do they have remote controls?
A. Yes, the AM04 and AM05 have remote controls that you can magnetically attach on top of your unit.
Q. Do they have retractable power cords?
A. Both the AM04 and AM09 do not have retractable power cords. Their cords are strongly connected to their bodies.
Q. How tall are they?
A. The AM04 and AM05 are both 22.8 inches tall.
Q. Do the AM04 and AM05 make loud noises?
A. No, both the AM04 and AM05 are quiet fans but it makes a noise when you set it to its highest airspeed setting.
Q. Are they okay for constant RV travel?
A. Yes, both the AM04 and AM05 are robust machines and are a good fit for an RV.
Q. Do they have a 2-year warranty?
A. Yes, the AM04 and AM05 have a 2-year warranty from Dyson and other Authorized resellers.
Q. Can they effectively cool a small room?
A. Yes, but take note that the AM04 and AM05 are not air conditioners and they will cool the air like a normal fan.
Q. Do they work on a wall switch?
A. Yes, the AM04 and AM05 both work in a wall switch and can be plugged into a wall.
What to like about the AM04?
- The AM04 is cheaper than the AM05.
- The AM04 is a 2-in-1 machine. It serves as a fan and a heater.
- The AM04 has a Child Safe Feature.
- The AM04 has smooth oscillation and is powered by Dyson’s Air Multiplier technology,
- The AM04 has a magnetic remote that can be attached on the top of the unit.
What to like about the AM05?
- The AM05 is a heater that doubles as a fan.
- The AM05 comes in three color choices: Black/Blue, Silver/White, and Nickel/Black.
- The AM05 has a much more powerful motor than the AM04.
- The AM05 is powered by Dyson’s Air Multiplier technology for a long range projection and smooth oscillation of air.
- The AM05 automatically shuts down when tipped over because it has a Child Safe feature.
The AM04 and AM05 are 2-in-1 machines. They are heaters that also double as fans which makes them great because the weather changes constantly. These machines are ideal for people who want a stylish and quiet fan. The AM04 and AM05 are also perfect people who have kids and pets around the house since the units do not have exposed fast-spinning, sharp blades and heating elements that can cause harm.
If you are getting either of these heater fans, here are the things that you should consider:
- These fans are not cheap so the first thing that you should consider is your budget. If you are trying to save money or if you’re on a tight budget, opt for the AM04 because it costs less than the AM05.
- If you want the Nickel/Black color, pick the AM05 since the AM04 does not come in this color.
- If you want a fan that has more power, pick the AM05 since it is the upgraded version of the AM04.
- If you want a faster and stronger airflow, pick the AM05 since its motor is more advanced than the AM04.
There’s no doubt that the AM04 and AM05 are both impressive. They are expensive and they are of premium quality. You will be getting a 2-in-1 device: a heater and a fan which will save you space in your homes. They are also great if you have kids and pets who love to play and run around the house since they both have a Child Safe feature and they have a bladeless design.
These machines are expensive so I suggest you check for other alternatives, perhaps other models from the same brand or consider checking other brands too. If you are already set on getting one of these, I recommend the Dyson AM05, even if it is more expensive, because it is the upgraded version of the Dyson AM04 which means that it will do better in terms of performance. It has a more powerful motor that is capable of generating stronger and faster airflow plus it also comes in a Nickel/Black color.