Dyson’s Air Multiplier Fans (AM Series) are some of the most premium fans on the market.
The Dyson AM06 and Dyson AM07 are powered by Dyson’s patented Air Multiplier technology, a technology that redefined the traditional fans with visible fast-spinning blades. With the Air Multiplier technology, Dyson was able to hide the blades without sacrificing power.
If you are planning to buy a new fan, you might want to check out the AM06 and AM07 from Dyson. In this article, we will break down their differences, similarities, and specifications.
- 1 Differences between the Dyson AM06 and the AM07
- 2 Similarities between the Dyson AM06 and the AM07
- 3 Comparison Table
- 4 Comparing the Dyson AM06 vs AM07 in Detail
- 5 Frequently Asked Questions
- 5.1 Q. How many watts do the AM06 and AM07 use?
- 5.2 Q. Can they run continuously in hot weather?
- 5.3 Q. How tall are they?
- 5.4 Q. How much space can they cover?
- 5.5 Q. What is the difference between the AM06 and AM07?
- 5.6 Q. Do the AM06 and AM07 make loud noises?
- 5.7 Q. Are they comparable to regular fans with fast-spinning blades?
- 5.8 Q. Why should I get one of these fans?
- 5.9 Q. Why are they expensive?
- 5.10 Q. Can I place the fans on an outdoor covered patio?
- 6 What to like about the Dyson AM06?
- 7 What to like about the Dyson AM07?
- 8 Conclusion
- 9 Verdict
Differences between the Dyson AM06 and the AM07
- The AM06 and AM07 do not have the same amplifier. The AM07 has an oblong-shaped amp while the AM06 has a round amplifier.
- The AM07 is taller and heavier, standing at 39.6 inches and weighs 9 lbs. Meanwhile the AM06 is only 19.7 inches and weighs 5.65 lbs.
- The AM06 is cheaper than the AM07.
- The AM06 consumes 30% less energy compared to AM07’s 10%.
Similarities between the Dyson AM06 and the AM07
- The AM06 and AM07 are both powered by the Air Multiplier technology.
- The AM06 and AM07 both have a Sleep Timer option.
- The AM06 and AM07 are cooling fans that have a bladeless design.
- The AM06 and AM07 both come in with a curved, magnetic remote control.
- The AM06 and AM07 have oscillation control.
- The AM06 and AM07 are safe for kids and pets.
- The AM06 and AM07 are easy to clean and maintain.
The table below provides the specifications for the AM05 and the AM06:
|Style||Desk and bladeless||Tower and bladeless|
|Dyson Air Multiplier technology||Yes||Yes|
|Jet Focus Control mode||No||No|
|Accessories||Remote Control||Remote Control|
|WiFi connectivity, Dyson Link App, and Alexa compatibility||No||No|
|Weight||5.64 lbs||6.28 lbs|
|Height||19.7 inches||39.6 inches|
|Price||Check on Amazon||Check on Amazon|
Comparing the Dyson AM06 vs AM07 in Detail
The AM06 and AM07 are very good cooling fans. They are premium and made of high-quality materials. These fans are also powered by Dyson’s Air Multiplier technology for long-range projection and smooth, uninterrupted circulation of air across the room despite not having big, fast-spinning blades.
The fans draw the air from the surrounding and push it through to the other side. The way these machines channel air is quiet however, the AM06 is 75% quieter compared to AM07’s 60%. When it comes to power, the AM06 consumes 30% less power while the AM07 is engineered to consume 10% less power which is a huge difference.
The designs of AM06 and AM07 are unique. The AM06 is more compact and has a smaller body than the AM07. It is a table-top fan. The amplifier of the AM06 is also round. Meanwhile the AM07 is a tower type fan with an oblong-shaped amplifier.
Other than the design and power, the two fans are almost similar. They both have a 10 airspeed setting and they also feature an oscillation control which means you can direct the air stream around. In addition, the fans also have a Sleep Timer option which means you can schedule the units to shut down after preset intervals ranging from 15 minutes to 9 hours.
The AM06 and AM07 also have remote controls. The remote controls are a little special since they are curved and magnetized so you can store them neatly on top of the unit. The remote controls allows you to adjust the settings of the fans without reaching for the unit itself. The machines also have an Easy Tilt system.
In terms of safety, these fans are among the safest in the market. They do not fast-spinning blades that can cause harm which is why they are great for when you have kids or pets around the house. However, unlike other Dyson fans, the AM06 and AM07 do not have the Child Safe feature, where the device automatically shuts down when tipped over.
Since the AM07 has a bigger body and a sleeker amplifier, it is more expensive than the AM06 despite their very slight difference.
Frequently Asked Questions
Q. How many watts do the AM06 and AM07 use?
A. Both the AM06 and AM07 have 110V (US Standard).
Q. Can they run continuously in hot weather?
A. The AM06 and AM07 are designed for long-term, fairly constant use. Contact Dyson directly about the longevity under 24/7 use.
Q. How tall are they?
A. The AM06 is more compact and portable, standing at 19.7 inches while the AM07 is a tower fan and stands at 39.6 inches.
Q. How much space can they cover?
A. Both AM06 and AM07 work well in small rooms.
Q. What is the difference between the AM06 and AM07?
A. The AM06 and AM07 have different body types and amplifier shapes. The AM06 is a desk fan with a round amplifier while the AM07 is a tower-type fan with a narrow oblong-shaped amplifier.
Q. Do the AM06 and AM07 make loud noises?
A. No, both the AM06 and AM07 are quiet machines and they are much quieter than a regular fan.
Q. Are they comparable to regular fans with fast-spinning blades?
A. No, the AM06 and AM07 are more powerful since they use the Air Multiplier technology that allows them to blow cooler air.
Q. Why should I get one of these fans?
A. The fans are great in keeping you cool and they are quiet. They are also safer and easier to clean because they do not have fast-spinning blades and protective grills.
Q. Why are they expensive?
A. Both the AM06 and AM07 use Dyson’s patented Air Multiplier technology, they have no fast-spinning blades, and they also have very little noise compared to a traditional fan.
Q. Can I place the fans on an outdoor covered patio?
A. Yes, both the AM06 and AM07 can be placed anywhere as long as it is away from direct water.
What to like about the Dyson AM06?
- The AM06 is cheaper than the AM07.
- The AM06 is 75% quieter than its predecessor.
- The AM06 is energy efficient and consumes 30% less energy.
- The AM06 is more compact and portable.
- The AM06 is powered by Dyson’s Air Multiplier technology.
- The AM06 has a bladeless design and does not have grills.
- The AM06 has an Easy Tilt feature and has oscillation control.
What to like about the Dyson AM07?
- The AM07 is a tower-type fan and has a sleeker design compared to the AM06.
- The AM07 is generally a quiet fan.
- The AM07 consumes 10% less energy than its predecessor.
- The AM07 uses Dyson’s Air Multiplier technology.
- The AM07 has no exposed fast-spinning blades and protective grills.
- The AM07 has a smooth oscillation and an Easy Tilt feature.
The AM06 and AM07 have unique designs and are safer than traditional fans with fast-spinning blades. These fans are great for people who are looking for a stylish fan that is safe, easy to clean and maintain, and quiet. They are also perfect for people who need a powerful air projection since these machines are both powered by Dyson’s Air Multiplier technology.
If you are still torn which of these fans to get, here are the things that you have to consider:
- Budget – If you are on a tight budget, pick the AM06 because it is cheaper than the AM07.
- Power – If you want an energy efficient fan, pick the AM06 since it consumes 30% less energy from its predecessor compared to AM07’s 10%.
- Noise level – If you are someone who is sensitive to noise, pick the AM06. These fans are both quiet but the AM06 is 75% quieter than its predecessor while the AM07 is only 60% quieter.
- Design – If you want a tower-type design and a narrow oblong-shaped amplifier, pick the AM07.
- Portability – If you want a more portable fan, the AM06 is the best for you since it is a compact but powerful fan.
The AM06 and AM07 have very little differences and a lot of similarities. Their internal power is almost the same. They have the same Air Multiplier technology which is unique to Dyson fans for long-range projection of air across the room. They also do not have fast-spinning blades and grills which make them relatively safer and easier to clean than most fans in the market. However, I would recommend the AM06 because it is cheaper and it is also a little quieter and more energy efficient than the Dyson AM07.
Their main difference was the design. The Dyson AM06 and AM07 have very different body builds and amplifiers. Choosing between the two really depends on your budget and the design that you want.