Dyson is a brand that makes high quality, premium products. The Pure Cool Tower Series (TP Series) is a lineup of compact air purifiers from Dyson designed to cover large spaces in your home.
The TP04 and the Dyson TP06 are both from the TP Series, with the TP06 being the latest model in the lineup. Both of them are very advanced and offer a lot of features. They both have great air filtration systems, they are WiFi-enabled, and they have lots of mode options.
If you are thinking of getting a Dyson air purifier, check out this comparison between Dyson TP04 and TP06 and see for yourself if the products are worth the investment.
- 1 Differences between the Dyson TP04 and the TP06
- 2 Similarities between the Dyson TP01 and the TP02
- 3 Comparison Table
- 4 Comparing the Dyson TP04 vs TP06 in Detail
- 5 Frequently Asked Questions
- 6 What to like about the TP04?
- 7 What to like about the TP06?
- 8 Conclusion
- 9 Verdict
Differences between the Dyson TP04 and the TP06
- The TP04 can capture ultrafine particles but the TP06 can capture and destroy formaldehyde along with other ultrafine particles.
- The TP06 has Forward Airflow and Custom mode options while the TP04 does not have these two extra modes of the TP06.
- The TP04 is cheaper than the TP06.
- The TP06 is not only compatible with Amazon Alexa but it can also work with Siri. Meanwhile, TP04 can only connect to Amazon Alexa.
- The TP04 looks a little bulkier than the TP06. The TP06 looks like the older TP Series model.
- The TP06 is slightly shorter and lighter than TP04.
Similarities between the Dyson TP01 and the TP02
- The TP04 and TP06 have the same filtration system: Glass HEPA Media with Active Carbon.
- The TP04 and TP06 are both 2-in-1 machines. They serve as an air purifier and can also work as a fan.
- The TP04 and TP06 both have the same oscillation of 350 degrees.
- The TP04 and TP06 are both powered by Dyson’s Air Multiplier technology.
- The TP04 and TP06 have WiFi connectivity and can be linked to the Dyson Link App and Amazon Alexa.
- The TP04 and TP06 have the same tower-style build and are designed to cover large spaces.
The table below provides the specifications for the TP04 and the TP06:
|Style||Tower and bladeless||Tower and bladeless|
|DysonAir Multiplier technology||Yes||Yes|
|Dyson Cryptomic technology||No||Yes|
|Jet Focus Control mode||Yes||Yes|
|Oscillation||350 degrees||350 degrees|
|● Remote Control||● Remote Control|
|Accessories||● Inner Carbon Filter||● Inner Carbon Filter|
|● HEPA filter||● HEPA filter|
|Filter||Glass HEPA Media and Activated Carbon||Glass HEPA Media and Activated Carbon|
|WiFi connectivity, Dyson Link App, and Alexa compatibility||Yes||Yes|
|Weight||10.98 lbs||10.69 lbs|
|Height||41.5 inches||41.3 inches|
|Price||Check on Amazon||Check on Dyson|
Comparing the Dyson TP04 vs TP06 in Detail
The TP Series of Dyson is designed to improve the air quality in your homes and they are huge so they could effectively cover the entirety of the room where you placed it. The TP04 and TP06 are very similar in terms of their build and amp. Although the TP04 looks bulkier, the TP04 and TP06 both have the same tower-style build with a narrow oblong-shaped amp. The TP04, however, is a bit heavier and a little taller than the latest TP06.
The TP04 and TP06 are excellent air purifiers. They are both fixed with Glass HEPA Media filter and Active Carbon. They can filter 99.97% of ultrafine particles, as small as 0.3 microns, including pollen, bacteria, dust, pet dander, and other air pollutants in the air and capture bad odors, gases, toxins, smoke, and VOCs (Volatile Organic Compound). However, the TP06 has a Dyson Cryptomic technology that traps and destroys harmful formaldehyde particles that can be found on many household products, a technology that the TP04 does not have.
Dyson is proud of their Air Multiplier technology which powers most, if not all, of their fans and air purifiers. The Air Multiplier technology allows the TP04 and TP06, along with other Dyson fans and air purifiers, to effectively project and circulate purified air across the room. Aside from purifying all year round, the TP04 and TP06 also double as a fan. They have 10 airflow settings and run very quietly. Also, they both have an oscillation of 350 degrees.
When it comes to connectivity and access to the devices, both the TP04 and TP06 support WiFi – enabling you to connect either of the units to your mobile phone through the Dyson Link App, a downloadable app created by Dyson that allows their customers to activate, schedule and monitor their devices. The app also shows you real time air quality reports. The TP06 is compatible with Siri unlike TP04 but both of them have Amazon Alexa integration which means you can voice control your units using Alexa’s voice service.
In the box, the TP04 and TP06 both come in with a remote control so you can control the machine without physically reaching for it. The remote controls can be magnetically attached to the top of their respective machines as well so you won’t have a problem losing it. They also come with a free inner carbon filter and HEPA filter for when you have to change the filters already. Keep in mind that these filters are not unlimited and once you use up the free filters, you will have to buy replacement filter cartridges on Dyson or in Amazon.
The TP04 and TP06 are both “bladeless”. They do not have visible fast-spinning blades that could cause injuries and there’s no protective grills as well that would block you from cleaning it. The design makes them both safer than the average fan you see in the market. The TP04 and TP06 also have a Child Safe feature which automatically turns off the machine when it’s tipped over–great when you have small kids or pets who love to play and run around the house.
When it comes to the mode options, there are a lot of options for both the TP04 and TP06. The TP04 and TP06 have Auto mode where the device automatically adjusts the airflow, checks the quality of air, and turns the device on or off. Both of them also have Night mode that is perfect when you are about to sleep because the device dims the display and purifies the air using the quietest setting so you won’t be disturbed in your sleep; Jet Focus mode for a focused air stream; Diffused mode for broad air distribution; and Backward Airflow mode, a mode where you can turn off the cooling feature without turning off the air purifier. Since the TP06 is more advanced, it gets two extra modes: Custom mode and Forward Airflow mode.
With all the additional features and benefits, the TP06 costs more than the TP04. The TP04 is already expensive and it almost has the same features as the TP06.
Frequently Asked Questions
Q. Do the TP04 and TP06 have an actual fan?
Yes, the TP02 and TP04 is like a Dyson fan which distributes already purified air. Their blades are hidden inside their base.
Q. How many times should I replace the filters?
A. Dyson suggests changing the filters at least once a year but it is usually indicated on the display of the device when you have to change the filter already. It really depends on how much you use the machines.
Q. Can I reuse the filters after washing them?
A. No, the filters are not washable and for single-use only. You have to buy a replacement filter once the unit notifies you to.
Q. Are TP02 and TP04 capable of effectively cooling a room?
A. Yes, both the TP02 and TP04 can double as a fan, however, it does not change the temperature of the air.
Q. Do the air purifiers need to be placed near a window for ventilation?
A. No, you can place the machines anywhere as long as it’s a flat, solid surface and it draws in air from one side and expels it to the other side.
What to like about the TP04?
- The TP04 is an air purifier that can also double as a fan.
- The TP04 has WiFi connectivity and can be linked to the Dyson Link App.
- The TP04 supports voice command through Amazon Alexa.
- The TP04 is certified asthma and allergy friendly.
- The TP04 can cover large spaces and oscillate 350 degrees.
- The TP04 has a Child Safe feature.
- The TP04 is cheaper than the TP06.
What to like about the TP06?
- The TP06 is a 2-in-1 device. It’s an air purifier that can also act as a fan.
- The TP06 can remove and destroy formaldehyde in your home.
- The TP06 is WiFi-enabled and lets you connect your device to the Dyson Link App.
- The TP06 has Amazon Alexa integration.
- The TP06 supports Apple Siri.
- The TP06 gets two extra mode options: Custom mode and Forward Airflow mode.
- The TP06 is safe for kids and pets as it automatically shuts down when tipped over.
Dyson is a brand that has already built its reputation in making premium products. The TP04 and TP06 are very good air purifiers plus they double as a fan. They have high quality air filtration systems–ideal for people with asthma and allergies. They are also great for light smokers and pet owners. The TP06, however, has a Dyson Cryptomic technology that traps and destroys formaldehyde.
If you are torn between which Dyson air purifier fan to get,here are the things that you should consider:
- Dyson air purifiers are not cheap. They are made of high quality materials and their design is unique. If you are trying to save money, look for other alternatives first but if you are set on getting a Dyson Pure Cool Tower, opt for the TP04. It has a small difference with TP06 and it costs a lot cheaper than the TP06.
- If you think you have high levels of formaldehyde in your home, pick the TP06. It has a Dyson Cryptomic technology that captures and destroys harmful formaldehyde.
- The TP06 gets two extra mode options, the Custom mode and the Forward Airflow mode so if you want to have these extra options for you pick the TP06.
- If your home is powered by Apple, TP06 is the best option since it supports Siri.
- The TP04 is already considered as a great air purifier, if you think you don’t have problems with formaldehyde in your home, opt for the TP04.
Overall, the TP04 and TP06 are very impressive. They have a great design plus they are much safer than the traditional fans we usually see in the market because they do not have exposed fast-spinning blades. They are easy to clean too as they do not have awkward metal grills. The air filtration system of the TP04 and TP06 are the same so they are both capable of improving the air quality in your homes. They are also WiFi-enabled giving you a lot of options on how to control them.
Choosing between TP04 and TP06 all depends on how much formaldehyde you have at home. They are both capable of filtering air pollutants but TP04 can’t filter formaldehyde unlike TP06. You have to take note that high levels of formaldehyde in the air is harmful, however, formaldehyde occurs naturally in the environment and it easily dissolves in the air. It is normal to have low levels of formaldehyde but it could be harmful if you have high amounts of it in your home.
If you think you don’t have high levels of formaldehyde at home, I suggest you get the Dyson TP04. It is a very impressive air purifier and it delivers plus you will be saving yourself from spending too much money since the TP04 is a lot cheaper compared to the Dyson TP06.