When it comes to purifier fans, Dyson is a favorite. The brand has built its reputation for making high-quality premium fans that really deliver, and the brand’s design philosophy is unique.
Dyson’s air purifiers are among the most expensive purifiers for home use in the market. The Dyson AM11 of the Air Multiplier Series (AM Series) and TP02 of the Pure Cool Tower Series (TP Series) are the brand’s top fans. The AM11 and the Dyson TP02 are air purifiers that also double as a fan. They are both equipped with HEPA filters with Active Carbon as well, and they are powered by Dyson’s very own Air Multiplier technology.
While there are other cheaper alternatives in the market, people still lean towards getting a Dyson air purifier. If you are planning to get either the AM11 or TP02, you are on the right page. We will look into their differences, similarities, and specifications to see if they are worth the investment.
- 1 Differences between the Dyson AM11 and the TP02
- 2 Similarities between the Dyson AM11 and the TP02
- 3 Comparison Table
- 4 Comparing the Dyson AM11 vs TP02 in Detail
- 5 Frequently Asked Questions
- 5.1 Q. How much space can the air purifiers cover?
- 5.2 Q. Do the air purifiers need ventilation?
- 5.3 Q. How many times should the filters be replaced?
- 5.4 Q. Is the cooling feature for AM11 and TP02 great?
- 5.5 Q. Where are the replacement filters for AM11 and TP02 being sold at?
- 5.6 Q. Can the Dyson Link App control more than one device?
- 5.7 Q. Do the AM11 and TP02 have warranties?
- 5.8 Q. Are the AM11 and TP02 noisy?
- 5.9 Q. Are they capable of blocking sound?
- 5.10 Q. Are AM11 and TP02 capable of removing molds?
- 6 What to like about the AM11?
- 7 What to like about the TP02?
- 8 Conclusion
- 9 Verdict
Differences between the Dyson AM11 and the TP02
- The AM11 has an oscillation of 360 degrees while the TP02 only has 180 degrees.
- The AM11 is more affordable compared to the TP02.
- The AM11 has a 360 Vacuum-sealed HEPA filter while the TP02 has a 360 Glass HEPA filter.
- The TP02 is WiFi-enabled and can be connected to the Dyson Link App while the AM11 does not have this feature.
- The TP02 has Amazon Alexa integration while the AM11 is not capable of voice command since it does not support WiFi.
Similarities between the Dyson AM11 and the TP02
- The AM11 and TP02 both have Active Carbon filters.
- The AM11 and TP02 are both powered by Dyson’s Air Multiplier technology.
- The AM11 and TP02 have dual-functions: air purification and fan.
- The AM11 and TP02 sport the same tower-style with a narrow oblong-shaped amp design.
- The AM11 and TP02 are both easy to clean and are safer than traditional fans in the market.
- The AM11 and TP02 come with a remote control accessory.
The table below provides the specifications for the AM11 and the TP02:
|Style||Tower and bladeless||Tower and bladeless|
|Jet Focus Control mode||No||No|
|Oscillation||360 degrees||180 degrees|
|Accessories||Remote Control||Remote Control|
|Filter||360 Vacuum-sealed HEPA filter with Activated Carbon||360 Glass HEPA with Activated Carbon|
|WiFi connectivity, Dyson Link App, and Alexa compatibility||No||Yes|
|Weight||7.48 lbs||8.4 lbs|
|Height||40.80 inches||40 inches|
|Price||Check on Walmart||Check on Amazon|
Comparing the Dyson AM11 vs TP02 in Detail
When it comes to the design, Dyson made sure that all their air purifier fans including the AM11 and TP02 do not have any visible fast-spinning blades that could cause injuries or harm. The bladeless design is unique to design and is consistent with all their fan lineups.
The technology that made it possible for Dyson fans to appear bladeless is the Air Multiplier technology proudly developed by the brand itself. The Air Multiplier technology powers both the AM11 and TP02 smoothly circulating purified air across the room. The shape and build of the AM11 and TP02 are very similar as well–tall, narrow, and oblong-shaped amp. They do not have protective grills, typically seen on traditional fans with fast-spinning blades, so it’s easier for you to clean the units.
The AM11 and TP02 have two functions: they purify all year round and they double as a fan on hot days. These machines purify the air in your environment, equipped with high-quality HEPA filters. They are both capable of capturing 99.97% of ultrafine particles including pollen, bacteria, dust, pet dander, and other air pollutants in the air. They also filter bad odors, gases, toxins, smoke, and VOCs (Volatile Organic Compound). The AM11 is fitted with 360 Vacuum-sealed HEPA filter with Active Carbon while the TP02 has 360 Glass HEPA filter with Active Carbon.
The AM11 and TP02 as fans both have 10 airflow settings. The fan is powerful and runs very quietly.
The TP02 is more advanced than the AM11. The TP02 is WiFi-enabled and can be controlled through the Dyson Link App. All you have to do is connect your device to your home WiFi, then download the app on your mobile phone. After that, you can now easily control the device through your mobile phone. The app also lets you see real-time air quality reports. The WiFi feature of the TP02 also allows you to voice command the unit with the help of Amazon Alexa. However, the AM11 has a much greater oscillation. It can oscillate 360 degrees compared to TP02’s limited oscillation of 180 degrees.
Both the AM11 and TP02 come with a remote control accessory which allows you to adjust the settings of your unit without physically reaching for it. And unlike other Dyson air purifiers, they do not come in with extra filters. Take note that both units need replacement filters at least once a year. If you use your air purifier continuously, the filters could last up to 6 months.
The AM11 and TP02 both have Night mode options, where the device dims its display and runs at the quietest setting there is. They also have Auto mode, which allows the unit to automatically adjust the airflow, check the quality of air, and turn the device on or off.
Talking about the price of these devices, the AM11 is more affordable than the TP02 because it has fewer features.
Frequently Asked Questions
Q. How much space can the air purifiers cover?
A. The AM11 and TP02 can distribute already purified air in large spaces.
Q. Do the air purifiers need ventilation?
A. No, the TP02 and TP04 are both designed to draw air from one side and expel it to the other side.
Q. How many times should the filters be replaced?
A. Dyson suggests changing the filters at least once a year but the device itself will notify you when the filters need changing. Replacement filters are available at their stores and on Amazon. Authentic Dyson filter is recommended.
Q. Is the cooling feature for AM11 and TP02 great?
A. Both the TP02 and TP04 work as a fan. They have 10 airflow settings and they run very quietly.
Q. Where are the replacement filters for AM11 and TP02 being sold at?
A. You can get the replacement filter cartridges on Dyson and Amazon.
Q. Can the Dyson Link App control more than one device?
A.Yes, the Dyson Link App can control more than one unit even if it’s in a different model, as long as it supports WiFi.
Q. Do the AM11 and TP02 have warranties?
A. Yes, both the TP02 and the TP04 have a 2-year warranty.
Q. Are the AM11 and TP02 noisy?
A. No, the AM11 and TP02 are very quiet even as a fan.
Q. Are they capable of blocking sound?
A. No, the AM11 and TP02 can not block sound. It’s an air purifier and can only filter air pollutants and odors.
Q. Are AM11 and TP02 capable of removing molds?
A. Yes, both the TP02 and TP04 are capable of filtering our allergens and ultrafine dust including molds.
What to like about the AM11?
- The AM11 has a great design–bladeless and modern-looking.
- The AM11 has dual-functions: air purification and cooling. It is also quiet.
- The AM11 does not have grills nor fast-spinning blades in sight which makes it easy to clean it. It also makes it kid and pet safe.
- The AM11 improves air quality. It has a HEPA filter and Active Carbon that captures air pollutants and household odors.
- The AM11 is more affordable than the TP02 of the Pure Cool Tower Series.
- The AM11 has an oscillation of 360 degrees.
What to like about the TP02?
- The TP02 supports WiFi, allowing you to control the device through the Dyson Link App.
- The TP02 has Amazon Alexa integration.
- The TP02 runs very quietly and can act as a fan on hot days.
- The TP02 does not have awkward grills or exposed fast-spinning blades so it is safe and easy to clean.
- The TP02 has a 360 Glass HEPA filter with Active Carbon to improve the quality of air in your environment.
- The TP02’s design is unique and classy.
The AM11 and TP02 are premium air purifiers from Dyson. It is powered by Air Multiplier technology and they are ideal for people suffering from asthma and allergies because they filter air pollutants, improving air quality. They are also great for homes with kids and pets because their blades are hidden making them relatively kid and pet safe. In terms of design, the AM11 and TP02 are almost similar with slight differences in height and in weight.
Before buying an AM11 or a TP02, here are the things that you should consider:
- The very first thing that you should consider before getting an AM11 or a TP02 is your budget. If you are still searching for the right air purifier for you that costs less money, check other brands. There are a lot of alternatives in the market, however, if you’ve already decided to get a Dyson fan and you are on a tight budget, get the AM11. It’s cheaper than the TP02 and it does a great job in improving air quality.
- If you want to have the WiFi feature, the TP02 is for you. It is WiFi-enabled and can be connected to the Dyson Link App for air quality reports and the app also serves as the remote control.
- If an air purifier that can swing around the entire room is important for you, pick the AM11. It has an oscillation of 360 degrees compared to TP02’s 180 degrees.
- Filters have to be replaced for both AM11 and TP02. The filters that come with the units last depending on how much you use the device. Replacement filters are available on Amazon and in Dyson.
- If you want a simple air purifier, pick the AM11 since it does not have many confusing features like setting up the WiFi and connecting the device to Alexa.
The Dyson AM11 and TP02 are both very great air purifiers. They both have impressive designs and they are a 2-in-1 device that delivers outstanding performance. However, I personally won’t get a Dyson fan myself because I find them very expensive and I think there are a lot of inexpensive alternatives in the market that would work and perform just like Dyson.
If you are deciding to buy a Dyson fan, I would highly recommend the TP02 because if you are to buy an expensive air purifier, might as well get the one with more features. Although it only has an oscillation of 180 degrees, the WiFi feature can do a lot and that feature makes the Dyson TP02 more powerful than the Dyson AM11.