Dyson products are known for their hefty price tag. Despite that, their products still sell and they are quite popular. The Air Multiplier Series (AM Series) is one of their fan lineups that people rave about because of its design and Dyson’s patented Air Multiplier technology.
The Dyson AM04 and Dyson AM09 are both from the AM Series. They are 2-in-1 heater fans that generate smooth hot and cool air in the entire room without visible fast spinning blades or heating elements.
With the bladeless design, the two heater fans look sleek and innovative plus they’re safer than the average fans or heater products in the market. They have no awkward grills so they are easier to clean and maintain.
A heater and a fan are essential appliances in a household and if you are planning to get one, check out this review. In this article, we will take a look at the differences, similarities, and specifications of the AM04 and AM09.
Differences between the Dyson AM04 and the AM09
- The AM09 is more expensive than the AM04.
- The AM09 is slightly bigger than the AM04.
- The AM09 is quieter than the AM04.
- The fan of the AM09 is more powerful than the AM04.
- The AM09 has mode options: Jet Focus mode and Diffused mode; unlike the AM04, which has to be manually adjusted.
- The AM09 has a Sleep Timer while the AM04 does not have this feature.
- The AM04 has control buttons on its base while the AM09 has all its control buttons on the remote control.
Similarities between the Dyson AM04 and the AM09
- The AM04 and AM09 are both powered by Dyson’s Air Multiplier technology.
- The AM04 and AM09 are capable of heating and cooling at the same time.
- The AM04 and AM09 both have a smooth oscillation.
- The AM04 and AM09 are not WiFi-enabled.
- The AM04 and AM09 have remote controls for easier access to the device.
- The remote controls of AM04 and AM09 have magnets so you can magnetically attach it on top of the unit.
- The AM04 and AM09 can be both placed on a table top or on the floor.
- The AM04 and AM09 both have the same bladeless and oblong-shaped amplifier.
The table below provides the specifications for the AM04 and the AM09:
|Desk and bladeless
|Tower and bladeless
|Dyson Air Multiplier technology
|Jet Focus Control mode
|WiFi connectivity, Dyson Link App, and Alexa compatibility
|Check on Amazon
|Check on Amazon
Comparing the Dyson AM04 vs AM09 in Detail
Dyson AM04 and AM09 are great fan heaters and they work very well. They are made of high-quality materials and look luxurious.
The very first thing that you will notice with these fans is their design. Both the AM04 and AM09 have a unique design, constant to all Dyson fans–bladeless. They have oblong-shaped amplifiers that have no protective grills and no visible fast-spinning blades and heating materials. Their design makes them safer and easier to clean and maintain compared to traditional fans in the market.
Their dual-functionality is also one of their highlights. Instead of buying a separate fan and heater, which could eat up space in your homes, Dyson’s AM04 and AM09 offer you heating and cooling options in one device.
Design is one thing, but when it comes to internal capabilities, the AM09 is more powerful than the AM04. It’s true that both of them are powered by Dyson’s Air Multiplier technology, but AM09 has more features to offer.
The AM09 is relatively quieter than the AM04. Although AM04 is not a loud fan, the AM09 has been awarded the Quiet Mark accreditation by the Noise Abatement Society as it is 75% more quiet than AM04. The AM09 also has a Sleep Timer which the AM04 lacks. Aside from that, the AM09 also has mode options to choose from. It has a Jet Focus mode and Diffused mode.
- Jet Focus Mode – This mode allows you to adjust the airflow setting of the AM09, giving you a more direct and focused air projection.
- Diffuse Mode – This mode gives you a broader and wider air stream.
In terms of safety, the AM04 and AM09 are among the safest fans in the market since it does not have any exposed fast-spinning blades or heating elements that could cause harm. Plus they also have a Child Safe feature that automatically turns the device off when knocked over making them great around kids and pets.
The AM04 and AM09 are not WiFi enabled which means you can only control them through the remote control accessory included in the box. For the AM04, you can also control the unit itself without the remote because it has control buttons at its base. When Dyson made the AM09, they opted for a clean and minimalist look so they removed the control buttons.
Both the AM04 and AM09 are considered as luxurious and premium products however, with the added features, the AM09 is more expensive than the AM04.
Frequently Asked Questions
Q. How energy efficient are the AM04 and AM09?
A. Both the AM04 and AM09 are energy efficient like all electric heaters.
Q. How effective is the cooling benefit of these machines?
A. The AM04 and AM09 have very good cooling features and cool a room nicely. However, keep in mind that these are fans and not air conditioning. It circulates air and it has 10 levels of fan speed.
Q. What is the difference between the AM04 and AM09?
A. The main difference between the AM04 and AM09 is the mode options and Sleep Timer of AM09. The AM09 is also 75% quieter.
Q. Are the AM04 and AM09 noisy?
A. Both the AM04 and AM09 are quiet and you won’t have a problem with noise.
Q. Do the AM04 and AM09 have remote controls?
A. Yes, both the AM04 and AM09 have remote controls included in the box.
Q. Do the AM04 and AM09 get a two year warranty?
A. Yes, the AM04 and AM09 get a 2-year warranty from Dyson.
Q. How tall are the AM04 and AM09?
A. The AM04 is 22.8 inches tall while the AM09 is 24.9 inches tall.
Q. Do they have squeaking noise?
A. No, the AM04 and AM09 do not have squeaking or unwanted noises.
Q. Do they oscillate?
A. The AM04 and AM09 have smooth oscillation.
Q. Do they give headaches?
A. No, both the AM04 and AM09 are not cheap and they do not have smell.
What to like about the AM04?
- The AM04 is cheaper than the AM09.
- The AM04 has a dual function and is powered by Dyson’s Air Multiplier technology.
- The AM04 has a bladeless design and it does not have any awkward grills.
- The AM04 has a Child Safe feature.
- The AM04 is easy to clean and maintain.
- The AM04 has a smooth oscillation.
- The AM04 has 10 airspeed settings.
- The AM04 comes with a magnetic remote control and it has control buttons on its body.
What to like about the AM09?
- The AM09 is 75% quieter than the AM04.
- The AM09 has no exposed fast-spinning blades or heating elements. It doesn’t have protective grills as well.
- The AM09 automatically shuts down when tipped over.
- The AM09 is easy to clean and maintain.
- The AM09 has a powerful and smooth oscillation.
- The AM09 has two mode options: Jet Focus Mode and Diffused Mode.
- The AM09 has a Sleep Timer.
- The AM09 comes with a remote control that you can magnetically attach on the top of the unit for easier access.
The AM04 and AM09 are impressive fans that also double as a heater. The 2-in-1 device will save you space in your house since you don’t need to get a separate fan or heater. These fans are ideal for people who have kids and pets around the house because of their bladeless design. They are also great for people who do not want noisy, squeaky fans in their homes.
If you are considering getting either of these, AM04 and AM09 fans, here are the things that you should consider.
- First in the list is budget because these fans are not cheap. You have to take note that the AM09 is more expensive so if you are on a tight budget pick the AM04 or check other brands for alternatives.
- If you want a unit that you can customize, pick the AM09 since it has two special modes that you can choose from, the Jet Focus Mode and the Diffused Mode. It also has a Sleep Timer.
- The AM09 is 75% quieter than the AM04. So if you want a quiet fan pick the AM09. It has been awarded the Quiet Mark accreditation from the Noise Abatement Society.
- The AM09 is one of the latest models of the AM Series compared to the old-school AM04. If you need a fan that has been upgraded already and, clearly, has more benefits, pick the AM09.
- The AM04 and AM09 almost have the same design but if you want a lighter fan pick the AM04.
There’s no doubt that these fans, the AM04 and AM09, are premium Dyson products. You will have two benefits in one machine, cooling and heating which will come in handy when the weather changes. Overall, the machines are great. They have a great design, they have powerful internal powers, and they are made of high-quality materials. The magnetic remote control was also a nice touch.
Despite the impressive design of these machines, I can’t help but think that they are a little overpriced. The AM04 and AM09 are very expensive and it won’t hurt you if you check out other brands for alternatives but if you are really set on getting any of these two, I suggest you get the Dyson AM09 since it is already upgraded and has a lot more features than the Dyson AM04. It is more expensive but I think it’s better to pay for the one with a lot more benefits than pick the cheaper one with very basic functions.