Dyson makes some of the best fans in the market. Their fans have a design that is unique to Dyson – classic, modern-looking, and bladeless. The latest from their Pure Hot + Cool series is the Dyson HP04 while the Pure Cool Tower series has the TP04, one of the best models in the lineup.
The HP04 is equipped with three main functions: purify, heat, and cool. Aside from that, it is also WiFi-enabled. Meanwhile, the Dyson TP04 only has two main purposes – air purification and cooling. And just like the HP04, it also has WiFi connectivity.
Aside from your budget, choosing which of these two impressive Dyson fans to get would boil down to what kind of fan you need. Do you need a fan with a heater or are you all good with a purifier fan?
In this article, we will break down the differences, similarities, and specifications between the HP04 and the TP04. The HP04 and the TP04 are both great devices from Dyson and we can help you pick which fan is best for you.
- 1 Differences between the Dyson HP04 and the TP04
- 2 Similarities between the Dyson HP04 and the TP04
- 3 Comparing the Dyson HP04 vs TP04 in Detail
- 4 Comparison Table
- 5 Frequently Asked Questions
- 5.1 Q. Can I separate the fan from the purifier?
- 5.2 Q. How many times do I have to change the filters?
- 5.3 Q. Are the filters washable?
- 5.4 Q. Does it filter out bad odors?
- 5.5 Q. Will the air purifier work even if the fan is not turned on?
- 5.6 Q. Can the device heat a small bedroom?
- 5.7 Q. Does the Dyson Link App have all the functions of a remote control?
- 5.8 Q. How effective are the devices when cooling a room?
- 5.9 Q. What is the difference between HP04 and TP04?
- 5.10 Q. Do they have warranties?
- 6 What to like about the HP04?
- 7 What to like about the TP04?
- 8 Conclusion
- 9 Verdict
Differences between the Dyson HP04 and the TP04
- The HP04 has heater while the TP04 does not.
- Because it does not have a heater, the TP04 is slightly cheaper than the HP04.
- The HP04 is heavier at 19.07 lbs while the TP04 weighs 17.9 lbs.
- The TP04 is++ taller, standing at 41.5 inches while the HP04 is 10-inch smaller at 30.1 inches.
Similarities between the Dyson HP04 and the TP04
- The HP04 and the TP04 can purify the air.
- Both the HP04 and the TP04 serve as a fan on hot days.
- The HP04 and the TP04 have the same sealed HEPA filter and Activated Carbon filter.
- They are both asthma and allergy-friendly.
- The HP04 and the TP04 are both WiFi-enabled and can connect to the Dyson Link App and Alexa.
- The HP04 and the TP04 both run on the Air Multiplier technology.
The table below provides the specifications for the HP04 and the TP04:
Comparing the Dyson HP04 vs TP04 in Detail
The HP04 and the TP04 are both impressive. But there’s no denying that the two are very similar except for some functions and design.
The HP04 is a 3-in-1 machine. It can purify the air in the room, give you heat when you are cold, and acts as a fan to cool you on hot days. Meanwhile, the TP04 has the same functions except for the electric heater, however, the TP04 has a Child Safe feature, unlike the HP04. The Child Safe feature automatically turns off the device once it’s knocked over.
The HP04 and the TP04 have the same filter, the only difference is that the HP04 uses a sealed HEPA + Carbon while the TP04 uses 360 Glass HEPA. Both air filtration systems that capture 99.97% of microscopic particles, 0.3 in size which most filters can’t trap. Plus the Activated Carbon filters of the HP04 and the TP04 absorb bad odors, gases, toxins, and VOCs (Volatile Organic Compound). Because of their advanced filtration system on both the HP04 and the TP04, the Asthma and Allergy Foundation of America certified them as asthma and allergy-friendly.
Dyson is very proud of its Air Multiplier technology – a technology that makes the brand’s design unique. The Air Multiplier technology makes it possible for Dyson to hide the blades and the heating elements so their fans would look bladeless and sleek. Both the HP04 and the TP04 use the technology and they look almost the same with the oblong-shaped tower body and without any visible spinning blades.
When it comes to the body aperture, the TP04 is slender, taller, and lighter than the HP04. The HP04 is heavier because of the added heater benefit but it is a little boxy than the TP04. The design of both machines also makes it easy to clean. You can use a clean cloth to wipe down the body of the fans
The HP04 and the TP04 have WiFi connectivity and can be linked to Alexa and to the Dyson Link App which you can download from your mobile phone. The Dyson Link App allows you to command the device through your phone even when you’re not at home as long as the device is connected to your internet. It is also available for voice command via Alexa. Other than the Dyson Link App and Alexa, both the HP04 and the TP04 have remote controls which you can use to easily command the device without physically pressing the buttons on it.
Another feature that both HP04 and the TP04 have is the LED display that indicates not only the temperature of the fans but also the kinds of allergens and other air particles lingering in the air.
They also have the same modes – Jet Focus Mode if you want a more direct air flow,Diffused Mode for wider air distribution, Automatic Mode, Backward Airflow Mode if you want to use the device for air purification only, and the Night Mode which is perfect when you are sleeping because it dims the display and streams the air quietly.
Going to the prices of these two machines, the TP04 is more affordable than the HP04 just because it does not have the heater option that the HP04 has.
|Style||Tower and bladeless||Tower and bladeless|
|Jet Focus Control mode||Yes||Yes|
|Backward Airflow mode||Yes||Yes|
|Oscillation||350 degrees||350 degrees|
|Accessories||Remote Control||Remote Control|
|Filter||HEPA + Carbon and Activated Carbon||360 Glass HEPA and Activated Carbon|
|Weight||19.07 lbs||17.9 lbs|
|Price||Check on Amazon||Check on Amazon|
Frequently Asked Questions
Q. Can I separate the fan from the purifier?
A. No, the fans of the HP04 and the TP04 can not be separated from the purifier.
Q. How many times do I have to change the filters?
A. Dyson suggests that the filters should be changed at least once a year based on its running 12hrs/ day.
Q. Are the filters washable?
A. No, the filters are for single use only.
Q. Does it filter out bad odors?
A. Yes, it has an Active Carbon filter which traps the fumes and the gases.
Q. Will the air purifier work even if the fan is not turned on?
A. Yes, the HP04 and the TP04 can run the air purifier on their own because they both support the Backward Airflow Mode.
Q. Can the device heat a small bedroom?
A. Yes, the HP04 can heat a room because it has a built-in heater but the TP04 can’t because it does not have a heating feature.
Q. Does the Dyson Link App have all the functions of a remote control?
A. Yes, it can act as a remote control plus you can even control your device even when you are not home as long as the device is connected to the internet.
Q. How effective are the devices when cooling a room?
A. Both the HP04 and the TP04 are fans and it does not change the temperature of the air.
Q. What is the difference between HP04 and TP04?
A. The difference between the HP04 and the TP04 is that the HP04 has a heater function while the TP04 does not have that feature.
Q. Do they have warranties?
A. Yes, both the HP04 and the TP04 have warranties and Dyson will replace or repair any of their items if it’s damaged.
What to like about the HP04?
- The HP04 is a 3-in-1 deal. It serves as a purifier, a heater, and a fan.
- The HP04 has a much better sealed HEPA + Carbon filter.
- The HP04 is WiFi-enabled so you can connect it to your Dyson Link App and Alexa.
- The HP04 is ideal for people with asthma and allergies.
What to like about the TP04?
- The TP04 serves as a purifier and fan in one.
- The TP04 has an air filtration system that uses the 360 Glass HEPA filter.
- The TP04 is cheaper than the HP04.
- Like the HP04, the TP04 is also asthma and allergy friendly.
- The TP04 is also equipped with WiFi and can connect to the Dyson Link App and Alexa.
- The TP04 has a Child Safe feature.
The Dyson HP04 and the TP04 are great fans. They are both capable of purifying your homes with powerful HEPA and Activated Carbon filters. Both the HP04 and the TP04 give you information on what kind of air particles are floating in your room so they are both excellent for people with asthma and allergies, light smokers, and pet owners. They are almost the same with very minimal differences and choosing which model to get will all boil down to your preferences, your needs, and of course, your budget.
If you are planning on getting either of these Dyson fans, here are the things that you should consider.
- The first thing that you consider is your budget. The HP04 and the TP04 are both impressive. They are multipurpose fans but they are expensive. If you are trying to save money and you don’t need a fancy purifier fan, you should consider checking other brands.
- If you really want a purifier fan and it’s okay even if it does not have a heater, then you should get the TP04.
- If the heater is an important function for you then get the HP04.
- Dyson requires you to change the filters once a year so aside from its very expensive price, you have to consider that you’ll be shelling out money every year for the replacement filters.
- If you really want a Dyson fan because of its bladeless design, you should check out other Dyson fan models. They offer a bladeless fan without the heating and the purifying benefits and it is more affordable than the HP04 and the Dyson TP04.
- If you have kids or pets running around the house, you should take note that both the HP04 does not have the Child Safe feature, unlike other Dyson fans.
There’s no doubt that the HP04 and the TP04 are impressive, after all, the brand Dyson has been in the market for a long time and they have gained the trust of the people for making great appliances. However, HP04 and TP04 are very expensive. You will be paying hundreds of dollars more just for a fan, although they are both multipurpose, it is not practical.
They look amazing and they are more safe than traditional because they are bladeless but there are other brands in the market that make better and more powerful purifier fans and heater fans and maybe you should take a look at them before investing in HP04 and TP04.
I don’t think they’re worth it, not to mention that you have to pay a separate fee for replacement filters every year. But if you really want to get a Dyson, I would suggest you pick the HP04. It is more expensive but you will be getting a purifier, a heater, and a fan in one device. You will also get much better air purification benefits because it has an upgraded HEPA + Carbon filter. Yes, it does not have a Child Safety feature but I think the device itself is already safe even with kids and pets in the house because its blades and its heating elements are not exposed.