Dyson is one of the go-to brands of people when it comes to household appliances. They produce premium, high-quality machines like the AM07 and AM08 from their Air Multiplier Series (AM Series).
The AM07 and AM08 may look different but they are similar in some ways. The Dyson AM07 has a tower-type body built while the Dyson AM08 looks like your average fans with a pedestal and round head. They are both bladeless and they have 10 airflow settings.
If you are looking for a great fan and want to know more about the AM07 and AM08 you are on the right page. We will examine these two bladeless fans from Dyson to help you decide which fan to get. Read on as we discuss their similarities, differences, and specifications.
Differences between the Dyson AM07 and the AM08
- The design of the AM07 and AM08 are very different. The AM07 is a tower fan while the AM08 is a pedestal fan.
- The AM07 has an oscillation of 90 degrees while the AM08 only has 70 degrees.
- The AM07 uses 10% less power than its predecessor while the AM08 uses 15% less power.
- The AM08 is more affordable than the AM07.
- The AM07 has a fixed height while the height of the AM08 is adjustable.
- The AM07 is 60% quieter than its predecessor while the AM08 is 35% quieter than its previous version.
Similarities between the Dyson AM07 and the AM08
- The AM07 and AM08 are both powered by Dyson’s Air Multiplier technology.
- The AM07 and AM08 have 10 airflow settings.
- The AM07 and AM08 are both energy efficient.
- The AM07 and AM08 are bladeless fans which means they are safer and easier to clean than most fans in the market.
- The AM07 and AM08 have Sleep Timer features.
- The AM07 and AM08 both have remote controls with 10 airflow settings, Sleep Timer, power button, and oscillation control.
The table below provides the specifications for the TP04 and the AM07:
|Style||Tower and bladeless||Pedestal fan and bladeless|
|DysonAir Multiplier technology||Yes||Yes|
|Jet Focus Control mode||No||No|
|Oscillation||90 degrees||70 degrees|
|Accessories||Remote Control||Remote Control|
|WiFi connectivity, Dyson Link App, and Alexa compatibility||No||No|
|Height||39.6 inches||21.1 inches|
|Price||Check on Amazon||Check on Amazon|
Comparing the Dyson AM07 vs AM08 in Detail
Dyson is one of the best fans in the market and they are also one of the most expensive. They produce the quietest household appliances and they have a very unique, modern design.
The AM07 and AM08 both have very good designs. Although they have different body builds, these two fans are both bladeless and are both powered by Dyson’s patented Air Multiplier technology. The technology allows the AM07 and AM08 to have a long-range projection of air that could circulate across the room even if their blades are hidden. The lack of exposed fast-spinning blades is a great safety feature especially for homes with kids and pets. Plus without the fast-spinning blades, there’s no need for awkward grills which makes the fans look modern and easier to clean.
Appearance-wise, the AM07 is a tower fan. It stands at 39.6 inches and has a narrow, oblong-shaped amplifier. Meanwhile, the AM08 is a pedestal fan and stands at 21.1 inches and it can be adjusted up to 55.9 inches. It has a thinner body and round amplifier.
A fan with a wider oscillation range means it can cool larger rooms. The AM07 beats the AM08 in this area. The AM07 has an oscillation of 90 degrees while the AM08 only has 70 degrees which means the AM07 evenly circulates cool air across the room better than the AM08. Both the AM07 and AM08’s oscillation can be controlled through the remote control. However, while the AM07 has a wider oscillation, the AM08’s height is adjustable and you can also tilt the head for more direct airflow.
Unlike other Dyson fans, the AM07 and AM08 do not have other functions except for their cooling capabilities. They also do not support WiFi and they only have the Sleep Timer–a mode from which you can program the fans to turn off after preset intervals ranging from 15 minutes to 9 hours. Aside from that, the AM07 and AM08 both have an airflow speed of 10.
Both the AM07 and AM08 come with curved, magnetic remote controls. The remote controls have 10 airflow settings, Sleep Timer, power button, and oscillation control. The remote control will make it easier for you to command and adjust the settings of the device and since it has a magnet, you can magnetically store the remote control on top of the device.
When it comes to power, according to Dyson, the AM07 uses 10% less power than its predecessor while the AM08 uses 15% less power compared to the previous version. Also, the AM08 is cheaper than the AM07.
Frequently Asked Questions
Q. Why is the AM08 only available on third party sellers?
A. The AM08 was discontinued but it is still available in Amazon and other third party sellers.
Q. Can a strong gust of wind knock over the AM07 and AM08?
A. No, the AM07 and AM08 are both stable fans.
Q. What is their oscillation range?
A. The AM07 has an oscillation of 90 degrees while the AM08 only has 70 degrees but its height is adjustable and its head can be tilted forward or backward.
Q. What is the overall height of the AM08?
A. The height of the AM08 is adjustable. Its maximum height is 142cm or 56 inches high from floor to top of the fan.
Q. Is the Air Multiplier dual voltage?
A.Yes, you can use an adapter to plug in to 220 voltage receptacles.
Q. Do the remote controls work if the device is not in front?
A. No, the remote controls only work if the base of the device is in front.
Q. Do they support a smart power switch?
A. No, the AM07 and AM08 do not support other switches.
Q. Where can I get a replacement for the remote control?
A. To replace your remote controls, you have to reach out to Dyson.
Q. Do the fans multiply the air?
A. The AM07 and AM08 accelerates air without the turbulence of a regular fan which means they are quieter.
Q. Are they better than a regular pedestal fan?
A. Yes, the AM07 and AM08 are quieter and safer than regular fans.
What to like about the AM07?
- The AM07 is a powerful, quiet fan. It is 60% quieter than its predecessor.
- The AM07 has a unique tower-type body and a narrow, oblong-shaped amplifier.
- The AM07 does not have exposed fast-spinning blades so it’s safer than the average fans in the market.
- The AM07 has a Sleep Timer mode.
- The AM07 does not have awkward grills so it’s easier to clean and maintain compared to other fans.
What to like about the AM08?
- The AM08 is cheaper than the AM07.
- The AM08 is a pedestal fan that’s bladeless.
- The AM08 does not have protective grills so it’s easier to wipe clean unlike other fans in the market.
- The AM08 has a Sleep Timer mode.
- The AM08 is quieter and uses less energy than the AM07.
The AM07 and AM08 are both impressive fans. They are quieter and cooler compared to other fans in the market since they use Dyson’s Air Multiplier technology. They also have a unique bladeless design making them safer and easier to clean.
The AM07 and AM08 also come with a remote control that can be magnetically stored on top of the machine so you will avoid losing it. These fans are great. They are ideal for people looking for a quiet and energy efficient fan. If you are thinking of getting any of these fans, here are the things that you should consider:
- The first thing that you should consider when buying expensive fans like this is your budget. If you are on a tight budget and would like to get any of these fans, the AM08 is for you. It is cheaper compared to the AM07.
- You can only get the AM08 on third party retailers like Amazon. The AM08 has been discontinued so you can’t directly get it on Dyson.
- The AM07 has an oscillation of 90 degrees. If you want your fan to be able to circulate more cool air, a fan with a wider oscillation is better.
- If you want your fan to have a tilt system, the AM08 is for you. The height of the AM08 is adjustable and you can tilt its head backward or forward.
- If you want a more energy efficient fan, the AM08 is the best pick. It uses 15% less energy compared to AM07’s 10%.
The AM08 is truly a great fan. It is more affordable than the AM07, its height is adjustable and its head can also pivot. Plus, it is more energy efficient than the AM07. However, Dyson has discontinued it so you can only get it from third party retailers like Amazon.
The design of the Dyson AM08 reminds of a ring light. Its design is unique and it doesn’t have blades so it is safe and it is easy to clean and maintain too. While the AM07 is a nice fan and also has an innovative design, it is more expensive and I think there are other fans in the market that are as amazing as the Dyson AM07 for a much cheaper price.