The Pure Hot + Cool Series (HP Series) of Dyson are some of the best in the market. All the products in the lineup are either 2-in-1, fan and heater, or 3-in-1, fan, heater, and purifier. Dyson fans are known to be expensive. They are made of high-quality materials feature innovative designs.
The HP04 and HP06 have 3 functions. They are capable of heating, cooling, and purifying. These machines also support WiFi, Dyson Link App, and Voice Control via Amazon Alexa and Siri. The main difference between the two is in its internal power. The Dyson HP04 is capable of capturing formaldehyde while the Dyson HP06 not only captures formaldehyde, but also destroys it.
In this article we will discuss the differences, similarities, and specifications of the HP04 and HP06.
Differences between the Dyson HP04 and HP06
- The main difference between the HP04 and HP06 is the ability of the HP06 to destroy formaldehyde while the HP04 does not.
- The HP04 is a lot cheaper than the HP06.
- The HP06 has a Custom mode in addition to the HP04’s modes: Auto, Sleep Timer, Night Mode, Jet Focus Control, Backward Airflow, and Diffused Mode.
- The HP04 and HP06 have different colors. The HP06 has a bronze/gold base while the HP04 has a silver/ nickel base.
- The HP06 is slightly heavier than the HP04.
Similarities between the Dyson HP04 and HP06
- The HP04 and HP06 are both powered by Air Multiplier technology.
- The HP04 and HP06 have triple functions: heating, cooling, and purifying.
- The HP04 and HP06 are equipped with Glass HEPA Media filters and Active Carbon filters.
- The HP04 and HP06 both come with magnetic remote controls.
- The HP04 and HP06 have the same mode options: Custom, Auto, Sleep Timer, Night Mode, Jet Focus Control Mode, Backward Airflow Mode, and Diffused Mode.
- The HP04 and HP06 supports WiFi and can be linked to the Dyson Link App.
- The HP04 and HP6 both support voice control via Amazon Alexa.
- The HP04 and HP06 are capable of real-time air quality reporting.
- The HP04 and HP06 are asthma and allergy friendly.
The table below provides the specifications for the HP04 and HP06:
|Tower and bladeless
|Tower and bladeless
|Dyson Air Multiplier technology
|Dyson Cryptomic technology
|Jet Focus Control mode
|Inner Carbon Filter
|Inner Carbon Filter
|Glass HEPA Media and Activated Carbon
|Glass HEPA Media and Activated Carbon
|WiFi connectivity, Dyson Link App, and Alexa compatibility
|Check on Amazon
|Check on Dyson
Comparing the Dyson HP04 vs HP06 in Detail
Dyson’s HP Series is popular. The fans in the series either have a 2-in-1: fan and heater functions or a triple heater, fan, and purifying features in one device. The brand designed the HP04 and HP06 with three functions so you won’t have to get three separate devices that could eat up space in your home.
The HP04 and HP06 are both impressive machines and they both have a lot of similarities. These machines are powered by Dyson’s Air Multiplier technology so you can expect that these two have a long-range projection to effectively circulate cold, heated, and purified air across the entire room. These fans also have an oscillation of 350 degrees and 10 airflow settings.
The design of the HP04 and HP06 are also very similar. They are both tower fans with oblong-shaped amplifiers. However, they both have different base colors. The HP04 has a silver/nickel base for all of its color options while the HP06 has a more bronze/gold tone. Design-wise, these fans look amazing. Their blades are hidden in their bases so there’s no exposed fast-spinning blades that can cause injuries plus unlike the average fans that you see in the market. Because they don’t have visible blades, there’s no awkward grills as well, making it easier for you to wipe the device clean.
Aside from the device another great feature that these two machines share is their air filtration systems. The HP04 and HP06 both have a Glass HEPA Media filter and Active Carbon which means they can filter 99.97% of ultrafine particles, as tiny as 0.3 microns, including pollen, bacteria, dust, pet dander, and other air pollutants in the air. They can also capture bad odors, gases, toxins, smoke, formaldehyde, and VOCs (Volatile Organic Compound). While both of them can capture harmful formaldehyde particles that can be found on many household products, the HP06 is equipped with Dyson Cryptomic technology that not only captures formaldehyde but also destroys it.
The HP04 and HP06 are ideal for people with asthma and allergies since they improve air quality. The HP04 has been awarded the Parent Tested Parent Approved seal of approval, the seal of approval families trust. It also received the Quiet Mark accreditation for improved sound and quality.
When it comes to control and connectivity, the HP04 and HP06 both support WiFi, the Dyson Link App, and Voice Control. The Dyson Link App is a downloadable app created by Dyson so their customers can control and adjust settings using their mobile phones. It also allows the customers to monitor real-time air quality from their smartphones. The app is available in Google Play Store and App Store. You can also voice command the HP04 and HP04 through Amazon Alexa voice service. However, the HP06 can be connected to Apple Siri unlike the HP04.
Curved, magnetic remote controls are included in the package. The HP04 and HP06 can be controlled by remote control for easier control even without physically touching the devices. The remote controls can also be magnetically and neatly stored on top of the units. They also come with a free inner carbon filter and HEPA filter so you won’t have to buy the first time the HP04 and HP06 filters need changing. Replacement filters are available on Dyson and in Amazon.
The HP04 and HP06 have the same controls. You can choose from Auto mode that automatically adjusts the airflow, checks the quality of air, and turns the device on or off; Night mode that dims the display and purifies the air using the quietest settings; Jet Focus mode for a focused, direct, and powerful air stream; Diffused mode for broader, wider air distribution; Backward Airflow mode which allows you to run the air purifier even if the fan feature is turned off. They also get a Sleep Timer. The HP06, however, gets an extra Custom mode.
With the added Dyson Cryptomic technology, the HP06 is more expensive compared to the HP04. Although both of them are already expensive, the added technology and Siri control option makes the HP06 more premium.
Frequently Asked Questions
Q. Can the HP04 and HP06 filter odors?
A. Yes, both the HP04 and HP06 have Active Carbon that will get rid of odors.
Q. How often should the filters be changed?
A. Dyson suggests that the filters should be changed at least once a year based on its running 12hrs/ day. The device will also notify you when its filters need changing.
Q. Are the filters of the HP04 and HP06 washable?
A. No, the filters are for single use only.
Q. What’s the difference between HP04 and HP06?
A. The HP04 can only capture formaldehyde while the HP06 can capture and destroy formaldehyde.
Q. Is the heater feature effective?
A. Yes, the HP04 and the HP06 can heat up an entire bedroom.
Q. How tall are they?
A. The HP04 and HP06 both stand at 30.1 inches.
Q. Can I disable the WiFi feature?
A. Yes, you can turn off the WiFi and control it through the remote control.
Q. Do they have warranties?
A. Yes, both the HP04 and the HP06 have warranties and Dyson will replace or repair any of their items if it’s damaged. It is also returnable on Amazon.
Q. Are they capable of cooling the room effectively?
A. Yes, the HP04 and HP06 are both great, quiet fans and are capable of effectively circulating air across the room.
Q. Can they work even without the remote control?
A. Yes, the HP04 and HP06 can be controlled via Dyson Link App and Amazon Alexa. The HP06 can also be controlled through Apple Siri voice command.
What to like about the HP04?
- The HP04 is a 3-in-1 deal. It serves as a purifier, a heater, and a fan.
- The HP04 has a 360 Glass HEPA Media and Active Carbon filters.
- The HP04 is powered by Dyson’s Air Multiplier technology.
- The HP04 has a bladeless and modern design plus it does not have protective grills as well which makes it safer and easier to clean.
- The HP04 is WiFi-enabled so you can connect it to your Dyson Link App and Amazon Alexa.
- The HP04 has an oscillation of 350 degrees.
- The HP04 is ideal for people with asthma and allergies.
- The HP04 has received the PTPA seal of approval and the Quiet Mark accreditation.
- The HP04 has a lot of mode options: Auto, Night Mode, Jet Focus Control Mode, Backward Airflow Mode, and Diffused Mode.
- The HP04 has a Sleep Timer and has 10 airspeed settings.
- The HP04 has a curved, magnetic remote control.
- The HP04 is cheaper than the HP06.
What to like about the HP06?
- The HP06 is equipped with Dyson’s Air Multiplier technology and Dyson’s Cryptomic technology.
- The HP06 can not only capture harmful formaldehyde particles but it also destroys it.
- The HP06 has an innovative design. It has no visible fast-spinning blades and has no awkward grills making it safer and easier to clean compared to average fans in the market.
- The HP06 is great for people with asthma and allergies. It is also ideal for people who have a formaldehyde problem at home.
- Aside from these modes: Auto, Night Mode, Jet Focus Control Mode, Backward Airflow Mode, and Diffused Mode; the HP06 also gets a Custom mode.
- The HP06 gets a Sleep Timer and has 10 airspeed settings.
- The HP06 supports WiFi and can be connected to the Dyson Link App, Amazon Alexa, and Apple Siri.
- The HP06 has an oscillation of 350 degrees.
The HP04 and HP06 are very good fans. They are multifunctional–they are capable of heating, cooling, and purifying– and they have a very innovative and unique design. These machines are powerful and are ideal for people who have asthma and allergies, pet owners, light smokers, and homes with kids. However, the HP06 is also capable of destroying harmful formaldehyde particles which makes it a good machine for people who have formaldehyde problems at home.
If you are planning on getting either of these two beasts here are the things that you should consider:
- Budget plays an important role in choosing which of these fans to get. The HP04 and HP06 are both very expensive and if you are on a tight budget the HP04 is cheaper than the HP06. Or you can always consider other brands as an alternative as well.
- If you have a formaldehyde problem in your home, the HP06 is the best pick since it has Dyson Cryptomic technology that traps and destroys formaldehyde.
- If you have Siri in your home, the HP06 is the device that you should pick since it can be connected to Siri.
- Not all homes have formaldehyde problems and if you think that your air quality at home needs improvement but you don’t necessarily have a formaldehyde problem, the HP04 is a good pick. It doesn’t have Dyson Cryptomic technology but it is powerful enough to capture harmful formaldehyde particles.
- Both the HP04 and HP06 are quiet machines but the HP04 has received the PTPA seal of approval and the Quiet Mark accreditation.
Dyson is one of the most trusted home appliance brands. They’ve produced premium and high quality products that people love. The brand has even become a cult favorite despite their expensive pricing. And there’s a reason why people still choose Dyson. Dyson products are unique and made of quality materials.
The HP04 and HP06 are among the most expensive fans in the market and they are also considered the safest since they do not have exposed fast-spinning blades. They are also convenient since they are multifunctional. You’ll be getting three functions in one device: cooling, heating, and purifying.
And while I believe that there are other brands out there who sell high-quality products at an affordable price, the HP04 and HP06 are multifunctional devices and they are very powerful fans.
Choosing between the two, HP04 and HP06, depends on your needs. If you just need a good air purifier, fan, and heater, the Dyson HP04 is more than enough for most people. But if you have particular concerns about formadehyde, the Dyson HP06 is hands down the right choice.