Gone are the days when fans looked bulky with their noisy fast-spinning blades and awkward grills. Brands have come up with innovative designs including Dyson. Dyson combined innovation and technology together and came up with unique fans like their AM07 and AM09 from their Air Multiplier Series (AM Series).
The AM07 and AM09 are both impressive fans. They are powered by Dyson’s patented Air Multiplier technology and they both have a powerful airflow. The Dyson AM09, however, is a 2-in-1 heater and fan in one while the Dyson AM07 can be compared to a regular fan but better.
With their bladeless design and state-of-the-art technology, the AM07 and AM09 became a cult favorite. If you are planning on getting either of these fans and want to know more about them, you are on the right page. In this article, we will be discussing their differences, similarities, and specifications.
- 1 The Differences between the Dyson AM07 and the AM09
- 2 Similarities between the Dyson AM07 and the AM09
- 3 Comparison Table
- 4 Comparing the Dyson AM07 vs AM09 in Detail
- 5 Frequently Asked Questions
- 5.1 Q. How loud are the fans?
- 5.2 Q. Will the motor burn if I run the fans 24/7?
- 5.3 Q. How tall are the fans?
- 5.4 Q. How much space can the fans cover?
- 5.5 Q. Are they a good alternative for an air conditioner unit?
- 5.6 Q. Do they have white noise?
- 5.7 Q. Are they comparable to ordinary bladed fans in the market?
- 5.8 Q. What is special about the fans?
- 5.9 Q. Why are the fans expensive?
- 5.10 Q. Is it okay to disassemble the fans so I can clean the internal hardware?
- 6 What to like about the AM07?
- 7 What to like about the AM09?
- 8 Conclusion
- 9 Verdict
The Differences between the Dyson AM07 and the AM09
- The AM07 is more affordable than the AM09.
- The AM09 is a 2-in-1, heater and fan device unlike the AM07 that only serves as a cooling fan.
- The AM09 has two mode options, Jet Focus mode and Diffused mode, while the AM07 only has a Sleep Timer option.
- The AM07 is engineered to use 10% less energy than its predecessor.
- While the AM09 is a quiet fan, the AM07 is 60% quieter than its predecessor.
- The AM09 has a Child Safe feature and automatically shuts down when tipped over unlike the AM07.
Similarities between the Dyson AM07 and the AM09
- The AM07 and AM09 are both powered by Dyson’s Air Multiplier technology.
- The AM07 and AM09 have a powerful air projection.
- The AM07 and AM09 have the same bladeless design.
- The AM07 and AM09 both come with a curved, magnetic remote control.
- The AM07 and AM09 have 10 airflow settings.
- The AM07 and AM09 are safe and easier to clean and maintain.
The table below provides the specifications for the AM07 and the AM09:
|Style||Tower and bladeless||Tower and bladeless|
|Dyson Air Multiplier technology||Yes||Yes|
|Jet Focus Control mode||No||Yes|
|Accessories||Remote Control||Remote Control|
|WiFi connectivity, Dyson Link App, and Alexa compatibility||No||No|
|Weight||6.28 lbs||8.6 lbs|
|Height||39.6 inches||24.9 inches|
|Price||Check on Amazon||Check on Amazon|
Comparing the Dyson AM07 vs AM09 in Detail
The AM07 and AM09 are very nice fans. They are made of high-quality materials and they use state-of-the-art technology. Plus, they have an innovative design constant to all Dyson fans.
Dyson is proud of their Air Multiplier technology which powers both the AM07 and AM09. The patented technology allows the AM07 and AM09 to circulate air across the entire room even if it does not have exposed fast-spinning blades. The lack of big, sharp blades is a great safety measure and it also means that there’s no need for awkward protective grills which makes it easy for you to clean and maintain the units.
The design of the AM07 and AM09 are almost the same. They are both tower fans with their blades hidden on their bases. They also have an oblong-shaped, bladeless amplifier; the only difference is that the AM07 has a more narrow amplifier compared to the AM09. The AM07 is also taller, standing at 39.6 inches while the AM09 is only 24.9 inches.
When it comes to functions, the AM07 is a basic fan. It is like a traditional fan minus the fast-spinning blades and the awkward grills. It is a powerful fan that moves 500 liters of air per second. Meanwhile, the AM09 is a multifunctional device. It is a fan that is also capable of heating and it moves 600 liters of air per second. They have 10 airflow settings and they are great for large rooms since they have a long-range projection and they can oscillate too. The heater mode of the AM09 has an intelligent thermostat that monitors the room to reach to maintain the target temperature.
The AM07 and AM09 do not have any command options except for their remote controls. They both come with a curved, magnetic remote control that you can store neatly on top of them. The remote controls also have the controls settings including the power button, the Sleep Timer mode as well as the Jet Focus and Diffused modes for the AM09, oscillation control, and the airflow settings.
The Sleep Timer on these machines come in handy at night because they will automatically turn off after preset intervals ranging from 15 minutes to 9 hours. The AM07 and AM09 are both quiet machines but the AM07 is 60% quieter than its predecessor and uses 10% less energy compared to the previous generation.
On the pricing, because the AM09 has more functions and mode options, it is expected to be more expensive. The AM07 is a lot more affordable since it’s not a multifunctional device.
Frequently Asked Questions
Q. How loud are the fans?
A. The AM07 and AM09 are both very quiet fans. The AM07 is 60% quieter than the previous generation.
Q. Will the motor burn if I run the fans 24/7?
A. The Dyson AM07 and AM09 are designed for long-term, fairly constant use. Some parts of it wear out. Contact Dyson directly and ask about the longevity of the units under 24/7 use.
Q. How tall are the fans?
A. The AM07 is taller, standing at 39.6 inches while the AM09 stands at 24.9 inches.
Q. How much space can the fans cover?
A. The AM07 and AM09 are both designed for large spaces.
Q. Are they a good alternative for an air conditioner unit?
A. The AM07 and AM09 are high quality fans and cool the room but it is important to understand that they are not air conditioners.
Q. Do they have white noise?
A. Yes, you will get white noise. The fans are quiet but not totally silent.
Q. Are they comparable to ordinary bladed fans in the market?
A. No, they are fans but they are more powerful. Dyson fans use a different technology that blows cooler air.
Q. What is special about the fans?
A. The AM07 and Am09 both have an innovative, bladeless design. Aside from that, they blow much cooler air because of the Air Multiplier technology and they are quiet, easy to clean, and safer than most fans with exposed fast-spinning blades.
Q. Why are the fans expensive?
A. The AM07 and AM09 use Dyson’s patented Air Multiplier technology and they have a very innovative design.
Q. Is it okay to disassemble the fans so I can clean the internal hardware?
A. No, please contact Dyson if you have any issues.
What to like about the AM07?
- The AM07 is 60% quieter than its predecessor.
- The AM07 is powered by Dyson’s Air Multiplier technology.
- The AM07 is a tower fan with a narrow, oblong-shaped amplifier.
- The AM07 does not have exposed fast-spinning blades so it’s safer than the average fans in the market.
- The AM07 can oscillate.
- The AM07 has a Sleep Timer mode.
- The AM07 is easier to clean and maintain compared to other fans.
- The AM07 uses 10% less energy than the previous generation.
What to like about the AM09?
- The AM09 is a quiet fan and is powered by Dyson’s Air Multiplier technology.
- The AM09 is a multifunctional device. It is a fan and heater in one.
- The AM09 has two mode options: Jet Focus mode and Diffused mode. It also has a Sleep Timer.
- The AM09 has a smooth oscillation.
- The AM09 has a Child Safety feature.
- The design of AM09 is innovative and bladeless which makes it safer and easier to clean than the average fans in the market.
- The AM09 is a tower-type fan and covers large spaces.
The AM07 and AM09 are high-quality fans. They are innovative and modern-looking plus they use Dyson’s patented Air Multiplier technology. The design of the fans makes them safer and easier to clean than most fans. The AM07 and AM09 are ideal for people looking for quiet and energy efficient fans. The AM09 is also great for people looking for an efficient and powerful heater.
If you are still undecided on which fan to get, here are the things that you should consider:
- If you want a great fan and save more bucks, the AM07 is a good choice because it is more affordable compared to the AM09.
- If you are looking for a heater, you should choose the AM09 since it is a 2-in-1 heater fan.
- If you need a simple fan that’s powerful enough to cool an entire room, the AM07 is a good choice.
- If you want to have the option of changing the airflow settings of your fan, you should pick the AM09 since it has two mode options aside from the Sleep Timer: Jet Focus mode and Diffused mode.
- If you want a fan that has more internal power, the AM09 is the best pick. It is one step ahead of the AM07 so it has more advanced internal power.
Picking which of these two fans, the AM07 or the AM09, to buy really depends on your needs as the consumer. These fans are both very impressive and have a premium feel to it. Aside from that they are very stylish as well and they are not loud, perfect for when you are sleeping.
If you need a heater the Dyson AM09 is the best option here. It has dual functions and uses state-of-the-art technology as well. It has a very nice design and it is safer and easier to clean and maintain. However, if you don’t need a heater, the Dyson AM07is already a great fan. It is a powerful machine that is made of high-quality materials as well.